Chief IT Audit Officer
Information Technology Audit Officer
Based In Sandton or Sasolburg
Purpose of Job /Role Intent:
In accordance with the Companies Charter as approved by the Companies Audit Committee:
· To execute the IT project and governance audits of the Group.
· To ensure that the quality of audits executed are in alignment with the Companies Operating Manual
· Execute and complete assigned IT Audit audits and act in the role of a subject matter expert for audits managed and executed.
· Execute and complete assigned IT audit tasks to be within budgeted planned hours.
· Ensure timely reporting of assigned audit tasks and follow established reporting protocols.
· Integrate with other departments with regard to knowledge sharing on audit tasks being managed and executed.
· To assist other departments (Generalist, projects, compliance, forensics) where resources constraints exist
· Act as liaison with clients.
Core Elements of Job & Key Performance Indicators:
1. Audit task planning
• Compiling of the planning memorandum to ensure focus on high risks
• Compiling of the audit programme to ensure audit objectives are met
2. Audit execution / reporting
• Obtaining and documenting audit evidence supporting the reported findings in the audit report
• Execute own audits to ensure factual and timely reports with flexibility to adapt to change
• Manage the execution of audits as and when required
• Plan/ execute overseas audits when required
3. Internal Audit Reporting
• Periodically assist in compiling status reports to all relevant stakeholders for area of specialisation
• Assist on an ad hoc basis in preparing reports on a quarterly basis for the GEC and the Companies Audit Committee on significant governance issues identified and progress against annual audit plan for area of specialisation
• Factual, comprehensive and timely reporting to SBU’s/OBU’s/ROH’s management, Governance Committees, Boards and relevant stakeholders.
4. Quality control
• Ensure that quality standards for SAS and the Projects and Combined Assurance team are met with regard to own working papers.
• Conduct peer reviews of team audit working papers as part of the quarterly internal quality assessments or when required
• Ensure that reporting protocols are observed on own working papers and reports.
5. Specialist advice
• On request review policy and procedures
• Attend and provide specialist advice on request at Project Steering committee meetings or client meetings
• Ad hoc requests for specialist advice on best practice
6. Special Ad hoc Requests
• Conduct specific ad-hoc audit requests as and when required
• Execute special requests by the Audit Committee as and when required
Leadership and Values:
1. Company Values and Ethics
• Adherence to the companies Values in the execution of all tasks
• Being a role model in living the Companies shared values and complying with the Code of Ethics and Guide to Code of Ethics.
2. Audit Planning and Management
• Assist in developing an annual audit plan for area of responsibility – IT projects and governance
• Develop/ Execute an own functional work plan and schedule in order to execute and to complete the IT audit plan based on the audits allocated taking into consideration priorities and risks with flexibility.
• Weekly feedback to Senior IT Auditor on audit status and budget control of audits allocated and executed by self to enable effective scheduling of annual audit plan.
• Perform allocated audit, management and/or administrative tasks as and when allocated by the Senior IT Auditor or Head of IT Audit.
3. Company Assurance Services Management
• Maintain and update standard audit programmes
• Support the developed tactical plans to support the implementation of the SAS strategy
• Act as a change agent and assist in driving the implementation of innovative improvements and tactical changes to Projects & Combined Assurance processes and systems effectively and efficiently
• Stay abreast of new developments in the assurance and IT project and governance environments and make recommendations on necessary changes
• Be a role model for the Companies values
• Manage own delivery to ensure requirements of the Companies Audit Committee in terms of our performance measures are met
• Manage own effectiveness
• Communicate own requirements for skills development and assist in implementing skills improvement and team development through training and exposure
• Proactively engage and share knowledge with other teams in order to drive integration between all departments within Assurance Services
Relationships, teamwork and Collaboration:
1. Stakeholder engagement
• Attend, monitor, evaluate and contribute to discussions at relevant committees, forums, projects and committees where assurance about the area of specialisation is being discussed, with assistance when required
• Identify and communicate any significant risks not yet identified through the risk management process
• Issue and discuss all audit findings with senior management (Internal and external)
• Share knowledge, network and collaborate with Assurance Services colleagues on internal audit findings
• Contribute to advice provided on Corporate Governance frameworks
• Discuss and obtain input on annual audit plan
• Build constructive working relationships with manager, peers, clients and other service providers
• Communicate and behave professionally so that actions result in high level of credibility, trust and respect
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
• Preferred – Qualified IT Auditor with articles and 3 to 5 years relevant experience
• Subject matter expertise:
• Internal auditing
• IT/ IM related auditing using CobIT as basis
• IT project life-cycle framework
• Also to be considered: BCom/ BSc Hons with IT/IM and auditing related subjects as majors, Qualified CIA or equivalent with articles and 3 to 5 years relevant experience and subject matter expertise.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com