Do you want to give back to your community? Do you have spare time that you’d like to donate to a good cause? If so, we can use you!
There are several ways in which to help us fundraise. You may –
- Motivate your colleagues to sign up for payroll giving
- Let us have your children’s old toys, books & puzzles for our day care centres
- Wood offcuts lying around in your garage can be used in our workshops
- Send your furniture to us for reupholstery
- Place a link to our website on your e-mail signature
- Collect bric-a-brac in your neighbourhood for our opportunity shops
- Connect with us on Facebook & Twitter
- Give in memory of a loved one
- Donate your birthday gifts
- Gift your shares
- Hire one of our fully accessible venues for your next meeting. Email us for an application form, stipulating whether you are an individual, an NPO or a corporate
- Select us as a beneficiary on your MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card and donate every time you swipe your card. Select “W.Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities” as your preferred beneficiary, start swiping and receive monthly statements of how much you’ve raised. (Apply now – My School, My Village, My Planet.
- Challenge your sports team or group to participate in a sporting event for our cause via GivenGain. Register as an Activist on GivenGain and fundraise for us online (click here to see how). Yes, it couldn’t be easier! By registering as a fundraiser, you will be able to create your own fundraising page explaining the creative ways in which you aim to raise funds for us. This may be by achieving something, organising something or simply encouraging friends and family to help you support us. You may choose which of our projects to support and can then track your progress, connect with givers to your event and generally stay on top of your progress.
- Volunteer your skills or time. We will then connect you with one of our projects where you can donate your time or skill.
- Keep an eye on our wishlist & see where you can help
- Clothing rails x 2
- Industrial popcorn maker
- Standard wheelchairs
- 10 x Domestic irons
- Industrial popcorn maker
- Ulphostery scissors
- 2 plastic mannequins
- Storage bins
- Full length mirror
- Woodwork tools
- Art & craft material
- Shipping containers
- Stationery cupboards X5
- Magnalock X3
- Wall safe
- Nappies (adult)
- Nappies (children)
- Kitchen cupboards
- Large work table for cutting material
Leave a legacy
Our loved ones are the first people to think of when drawing up a Will, the lasting expression of love for your family and friends. It is also a way of continuing your support to charitable organisations which you would like to see able to carry on the important work of a cause you believe in. Your gift of a legacy will allow us to continue helping persons with disabilities towards becoming independent and taking their place as active members of society, without discrimination.
Bequests can take several forms:
Specific bequest – Gives the Association a specific piece of property: “I give 500 shares of stock.”
Residual bequest – Designates all or a portion of whatever remains after all debts, taxes, and expenses have been paid:
“I give 50 percent of the next residue and remainder of my estate.”
Contingent bequest – Takes effect only under certain conditions: “In the event that my spouse does not survive me, I give to The Western Cape Association for Persons with Disabilities the sum of…”
The Association cannot provide legal or financial advice. We urge you to consult with your legal representative or financial adviser to determine the appropriate way to give and the best language to use when making a bequest.
MySchool, MyVillage, MyPlanet
Click here to apply.